Jason Flynn (503) 710-7460 / Jason@IamJasonFlynn.com
I work well under tight deadlines and welcome a challenge. I have worked as a technical artist on a number of published video games, installations and television programs. This included everything from 3d modeling and texturing to scene setup/management, lighting and rendering Additionally, I have helped in creating the box cover and promotional materials for EA and Visceral Games’ adaptation of “Dante’s Inferno” and the box art for Double Fine’s “Brutal Legend”. That process included adhering to specific visions of the client while solving problems that arose during the creative process. I have a broad knowledge of 3dsMax and Vray and enjoy learning more everyday.
· Maintains positive attitude when faced with challenges
· In-depth understanding of 3dsMax, Vray and Mental Ray
· Professional experience as cinematic layout artist in Unreal, including implementation of Motion Capture Data and VO
· Grasps new concepts and quickly adapts positively to feedback
Software: 3d Studio Max, Photoshop, Vray, Unreal Engine, Zbrush, MudBox, Adobe AfterEffects, Arena, Motion Builder
Graphics: Low and high poly 3d modeling, UV layout, Texture creation, Camera work, Lighting, Materials/Shaders, Cinematic layout, Rigging/Skinning
Technical Director – Bent Image Lab
As a FX house that has many projects going on at the same time I have been able to help where ever possible. Performing varied duties from modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, lighting and rendering on a TBA museum installation, to animation(Physics simulations) on IFC’s television program Portlandia. As well as tracking, scene management/setup, lighting and rendering for NBC’s hit show Grimm.
Senior 3d Artist – Applied Cinematics
Created 10 tiers of Poker tables for Zynga’s Texas Hold’em Poker. Worked as cinematic layout artist on Surreal Software’s “This Is Vegas”, in both animatic and in-game phases. Assisted with creation of advertising images and game box covers (Character rigging, posing and shaders). Created assets for “in-house” tests and cinematics. Contributed skin weighting and car simulation for Brutal Legends trailer.
· Texas Hold’em Poker (Zynga)
· This Is Vegas (PS3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows)
· Need for Speed: Nitro (Wii Cover)
· Dante’s Inferno (Advertising images)
· Brutal Legend Trailer
· Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS3, Xbox 360)
· Hulk (PS3, Xbox 360)
Production Lead – Skelet0n Games
Contributed skin weighting of characters, Level of detail (LOD) creation, environment asset creation, UV’ing and texturing for various studios including Shaba Games, Shadows in Darkness and Savage Entertainment.
· Tony Hawk: Project 8 (PS2, Xbox)
· Dead Head Fred (PSP)
· Transformers (PSP)
· Matrix: Path of Neo (PS2)
· Scooby Doo: Who’s Watching Who (PSP)